‘Mankind walks upon the earth — her voice can sing with passion, and the ancient verse recite’
A musical adventure — when a songwriter friend asked me to write and perform on her planned new album — that turned into a rich and deep creative experience.
Mankind Walks was first performed at the Monmouth Festival on 29 July 2008. A further instrumental track, Cry, was released on 27 July 2009. All tracks are available to listen to on SoundCloud and MySpace, and on our homepage at www.mankindwalks.com.
Joanna Baillie Collins — voice, guitar
Joe Wakeling — clarinet
Cheikh Diop — African drums
Recorded by Ron Rogers at Up The Lane Recordings
Cover art by Annica Neumüller
Photographed by Corinne Gartmann
- Mankind Walks (Collins, Wakeling, Diop)
- Hope (Collins, Wakeling)
- Fire on Fire (Collins, Diop)
- Change (Collins, Wakeling, Diop)
- Floods and Tides (Collins, Diop)
- Wilderness (Collins, Wakeling)
- When there is no time (Wakeling, Collins, Harding-Rolls)